Charlap Hyman & Herrero
CHH is looking for a highly organized, detail-oriented, and motivated Design/Admin Assistant to support the Art & Design Director in our New York office.
In this role, you will play a crucial part in supporting the day-to-day operations of our organization, ensuring smooth administrative processes and efficient communication. You will be responsible for assisting with client presentations and order specifications, tracking, and installation of items for various projects – from apartments and homes to galleries – and partnered closely with our design team. You will work with vendors and clients throughout the entire life of a project, with multiple tasks and responsibilities at given time in a fast-paced, creative environment.
CHH’s principals have been featured in Forbes Magazine’s “30 Under 30” in its 2018 category for art and style, and the firm ranks among Architectural Digest's "AD100," PIN-UP Magazine’s “New Power Generation,” and AN Interior's “Top 50.” CHH was selected to participate in the 2017 Chicago Architecture Biennial and won the annual competition hosted by the Miami Design District to design innovative holiday decorations for the neighborhood. In 2020, CHH was the recipient of the AIA Los Angeles Emerging Practice Award, the highest honor the organization bestows on an emerging architecture firm for consistently producing innovative work. CHH has collaborated on lines of fabrics, rugs, wallpapers, and other products with top furnishings companies and continues to expand its range.
● Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
● Strong attention to detail and accuracy in handling information and documentation
● Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
● Maintain strong written and verbal communication skills with the team and vendors
● Past experience in art administration or gallery assistant - not required, but helpful.
● Database Management, data entry and daily upkeep of spreadsheets
● Track orders: request quotes and information from vendors, maintain updated information in Studio Designer
● Make purchases and ensure items are completed in good manner and communicated properly both internally and externally
● Source and specify FFE (furniture, lighting, vendors, materials, etc) when necessary
● Liaise with third-party shipping vendors and storage facilities
● Prepare for client meetings, including presentation creation, sample ordering and organization of necessary files
● Maintain FFE schedules and prepare for installs
● Organize and maintain the storage of client/project materials, samples, and office supplies
● Produce client proposals using Studio Designer
● Maintain general knowledge regarding client budget
● Ability to clearly communicate ideas verbally and in writing both internally and externally
● Assist Project Lead with appropriate project priorities and deadlines
● Assist NYC interiors or architecture team on an as-needed basis
● Studio Designer
● Adobe InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop
● Google Drive/Gmail (Sheets, Docs, general file sharing, emails, tasks, etc)
● 2D/3D modeling capabilities (AutoCAD LT, Rhino or SketchUp equivalent)
Please email a PDF to email@example.com with your resume & cover letter. Please also include six images that inspire you design wise. Thank you!
Charlap Hyman & Herrero is a Los Angeles / New York / Seattle-based architecture and design firm that takes a fully integrated approach to conceptualizing and executing spaces in their totality. Principals Adam Charlap Hyman and Andre Herrero, whose backgrounds are in interior design and architecture, lead a practice that considers all aspects of the built environment, from site plan to furniture. Working in various typologies – including buildings, set designs, stores and houses – CHH endeavors to consider divergent art forms and the experiences of multiple senses. They aim to create spaces that become worlds unto themselves, with gesamtkunstwerk at the core of the firm’s objective.
Ann Z. Mahoney
Studio Manager/Director of Operations (NY)