Join our team at ALT for Living!
Over the years, ALT has grown into one of the most coveted brands in the interior design industry, recognized for our curated eye and our relationships with top designers, architects, and influencers. We are looking for a Administrative Sales and Operations Assistant to join our sales team in the heart of New York City.
This position admin focused and meant to be the operational backbone to our small team. You’ll work closely with our bookkeeper and sales associates to effectively execute sales and operations processes for our fabric and accessory lines.
What You’ll Do:
• Help manage the full production cycle of all fabric orders including, but not limited to, quoting, confirmation of orders, purchase orders, invoicing, and proformas.
• Help manage the full production cycle of all accessory orders including, but not limited to, quoting, confirmation of orders, purchase orders, invoicing, memos and proformas.
• Help manage sample library for all fabrics – request from vendors when additional samples are needed.
• Present reports and feedback to vendors regarding ALT’s top and low selling fabrics and collections.
• Assist Sales Associates with clients on all fabric related inquiries (ie emails, quotes, confirmation of orders)
• Help oversee all ALT for Living product development with Principal, tracking all costs, itemizing, purchase orders, reporting and budgeting, research/input of all potential new products/lines.
• Oversee all inventory entering, tracking, selling, updating, and reporting.
• Work closely with bookkeeper with purchase orders, invoicing, and inventory.
Please also note, ALT For Living is a small company where you are required to multitask and help with miscellaneous duties as needed by the business.
What we’re looking for:
• You are a team player who can multi-task in a faced-paced environment.
• You are a self-starter who feels comfortable asking questions and learning as you go.
• You have experience in QuickBooks and/or any inventory management system.
• You can understand and communicate in English both written and verbally.
• You are proficient in using a computer, including managing email, Excel and the whole Microsoft suite.
• You are confident and experienced in the mathematical fundamentals needed for this position.
• You have experience in data entry and organization.
• You have a strong administration and operations background.
• You have 3+ years’ experience in a professional office setting.
What We Offer:
• A small, entrepreneurial environment full of creative and supportive people
• A beautiful new office space
• Highly competitive compensation
• Medical, dental & vision insurance
• 401k plan with employer match available after 90 days
• Paid time off and paid sick days
• Paid Holidays